Organisation of the Troisième Lieu
The CDA is also home to a resource library – Troisième Lieu, which is based on four pillars: a library, a toolbox, a “test-library” and personal counselling. It is primarily aimed at professionals in the school environment, but also at people with learning disorders (dyslexia, dyscalculia, ADHD) or a related disorder (dyspraxia, etc.), their relatives and anyone else interested.
- Wide range of specialist literature;
- Various scientific journals and periodicals;
You can borrow most of the documents for four weeks or consult them on site.
A collection of didactic material (books, learning games and learning programmes) is at your disposal. This can make it much easier for you to adapt the care and guidance of pupils with special needs.
The “Test-library” is accessible to a restricted public. Only qualified and accredited members of social pedagogical professions can view all measuring and assessment instruments.
To view the “Test-library” inventory, please make an appointment in advance: email@example.com
However, the Troisième Lieu is more than just a library:
- We also offer personal advice tailored to your needs and focused on a pre-determined subject.
- We organise literary afternoons and other book-related activities.
- The premises can also be used by educational teams as a meeting place, for meetings or consultations to develop a school project or expand the school library.
Why the name “Troisième Lieu” (Third Place)?
According to the American sociologist Ray Oldenburg, three places can be distinguished:
- The first is the home;
- The second is the workplace;
- And the third is the meeting place where social bonds are formed.
The third place can be characterised as a marketplace where all people can meet and talk to each other on equal terms, without social hierarchy.
We wanted to create such a meeting place for professionals in the school environment, where people can exchange ideas and draw new strength, develop or consolidate projects.
So, come by, discover our fundus and enjoy a moment among peers.
How can I borrow material?
Come visit us on site.
If you would like to make an appointment with one of our specialists for personal counselling on how to choose the right literature or teaching material, send us an e-mail with detailed information about your needs to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opening hours: Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to noon and 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.